Splendid Mola 1-Day Urban Mini-Retreatsa full day of distraction-free writing time with a yoga chaser
1-Day Urban Mini-Retreats for Writers
All the benefits of the Multi-Day retreats in one local Los Angeles day!
Open with a gentle, all-levels yoga practice and a short guided meditation for writers, then segue into a full day of protected writing time. Includes a delicious catered lunch; unlimited coffee, tea, and chocolate; and the camaraderie of other working writers.
WHEN: One Wednesday and one Sunday each month
TIMES: 9:45 am – 4 pm
WHERE: Good Life Academy in Tarzana, CA
COST: $49-$65 per day, including catered lunch and snacks (see cost breakdown below)
ONE DAY RETREATS INCLUDE
- A 60-minute, all-levels yoga class designed specifically for writers. No experience or flexibility necessary! Note: this yoga practice is specifically designed to make sure you get some good opening of the body and spirit, but do not sweat. In other words, you will not need a change of clothes or a shower afterwards.
- A short guided creativity meditation
- 4.5 uninterrupted hours of distraction-free writing time
- A community of other writers working around you
- A delicious catered box lunch, which you can eat as you write or in the company of other writers: choose omnivore, vegetarian, or vegan option when you register.
- Unlimited coffee, tea, and chocolate! (What more do you need, really?)
- A short closing circle, to bookend the day and send you off inspired
9:45 am — arrive, settle in 10 am — welcome & intros
10:15 am – 11:15 am — all-level yoga for writers, ending with a guided creativity meditation 1
1:15 am – 3:45 pm — distraction-free writing time; eat lunch whenever the spirit moves you
3:45 pm – 4 pm — closing circle & send-off
Good Life Academy
18719 Calvert Street
Tarzana, CA 91335
Good Life Academy is central for those in the Valley, and only a 20-45 minute drive against traffic for us Westsiders. (Westside friends: I know. I know. It’s in the Valley. But it’s not that far; I promise.)
This fabulous find is a converted home that now hosts a myriad of trainings, workshops, therapists, and healers. Owned by two long-time friends who are themselves healers and therapists, this space has an amazing, calm energy that is perfect for writing. Owners Hayuta and Siggie have specifically designed the space to cater to authors, artists, musicians, and, as they say, “wisdom seekers.” There is a huge front room for yoga as well as a variety of places to write, both inside and out. Parking is free and plentiful.
Dates will be posted 4-5 months out.
You can also view dates on the calendar.
Wednesday, January 18
Sunday, January 29
Sunday, February 12
Wednesday, February 22
Sunday, March 19
Wednesday, March 29
Sunday, April 30
NO 1-days in May (due to longer retreat in Idyllwild, May 18-21)
First, fill out the Splendid Mola 1-Day Urban Mini-Retreat Registration Form and email it to me as an attachment. Unless your information changes, you only have to do this once no matter how many 1-day retreats you attend.
Next, go to the sign-up page online. You will see navigation tabs that say CLASSES, STORE, MY INFO, and FACEBOOK. Retreats must be paid before you can register for a specific date, so click on the “STORE” tab from the calendar window. This will allow you to purchase the retreat. Then, go back to CLASSES and click on the dates for which you which to register.
If you have already purchased a package of classes, you can simply go straight to CLASSES or the 1-day retreats you want to attend.
*Since lunches are catered, you must register by noon the day before the mini-retreat you wish to attend. If it is past this time and you really, really want to come, simply email me to see if I can add an additional lunch. If I can, you’re in!
WRITING PARTNER DISCOUNT
Because writing with a friend is more fun! Sign up with your writing partner, friend, or entire critique group and each of you receives 10% off the total cost. Here’s the scoop:
- Each person must choose the same package (single class, 3-pack, or 6-pack).
- At checkout, enter the promo code FRIENDS.
- You do not each have to pay at the same time, but please do make sure that each of you has made their purchase within a few days of each other. I run this on the honor system, because I trust you.
- You and your friend/group DO NOT have to attend on the same dates. I know what a scheduling challenge that can be!
- Once you have purchased your retreat(s), be sure to register for the date(s) you want at least 48 hours in advance.
Purchase an individual mini-retreat, or commit to multiple distraction-free writing days with a 3- or 6-pack! Click on your option below to purchase.
(If this brings you to the calendar rather than the purchase options, simply choose the “STORE” tab from the top of the calendar window.)
Single Retreat: $65 / ($58.50 with writing partner discount)
3-pack*: $175 ($58.30 each / $52.50 each with writing partner discount)
6-pack**: $325 ($54 each / $48.60 each with writing partner discount)
*3-packs are good for 1 year from date of purchase and can be used toward any three dates
** 6-packs are good for 18 months from date of purchase and can be used toward any six dates